Crystal Explosion™ Activity Pack
Who doesn’t love crystals? Now your students can grow their very own, right in class! Unlike almost every other crystal growing kit out there, Crystal Explosion doesn’t need a stove or a microwave – just add hot tap water and stir in the Crystalizer mix. Students just put their cups in the fridge, and within 24 hours they'll be full of beautiful needle-like crystals. Included are two more fun experiments, the last of which grows an awesome mega crystal! Unlike most crystal growing kits, Crystalizer Mix™ is safe for kids to handle and use.
Students will make a solution and actually see the results of something called precipitation, not to mention evaporation. Crystal Explosion teaches a little bit about molecules, how the different types of crystals form, and why different crystals look the way they do. Students can even experiment with finding their favorite crystal solution formulas!
- - 5 Bags of Crystalizer Mix
- - 50 Wooden Stirrers
- - 10 Small Cups
- - 100 Large Cups
- - 13 Bags of String
- - 25 Plastic Mega Crystal Bags
Your students learn:
- - To follow a formula to make a solution, and what a solution is
- - To note the change in crystal formation over time
- - How crystals form through precipitation from temperature change and from evaporation
- - What magnesium sulfate and sodium chloride crystals look like
Keywords: solution, evaporation, water-soluble, molecule